Saturday, January 22, 2011

Big & Small, We love them all!

So now you know what's big and small? animals! (: apart from scrapping, one other passion of mine's animal welfare, inclining more towards the welfare of house pets and strays. i don't know when it all began but i know from young, i have a really soft spot for furry creatures and i would cry if i see animals abused in news reports or visually witnessing for myself people who cane their pets or hit them. i always believe animals have lives too and they feel pain. they cant talk and are helpless so they are totally relying on us to care for them. wonder why some people choose to treat animals like toys they can kick around. angers me to no end. i used to have a rabbit called Zany, but he passed on early last year. he lived till the maximum a rabbit could go so i guess that was the good part. the bad part is, his leaving left a gaping hole somewhere inside of me. i took a long time to overcome the grieving part. a couple of days ago, i contemplated scrapping an LO to remember Zany but i couldn't bring myself to do it, perhaps, part of me doesn't want to believe that Zany is gone permanently. Zany was different from other rabbits. He licked, begged for food like a dog and was very affectionate. i used to tell Zany all my troubles and i would sneak him some of my fruit if i was having some. i guess there is always a beginning and an end. but i do hope that one day, i will muster enough courage to scrap an LO specially for Zany (:

in the meantime, to rid off the sober mood here, here's my layout! photos from World Animal's Day 2010 @ SPCA with my boyfriend!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

so valentine's day is around the corner, i guess all of us are busy scrapping away and i'm included! been thinking about what to create the last few days and i decided to create something out out a medium sized notice board i bought randomly at daiso (yes, daiso sometimes makes us buy things impulsively heh.) i shall not divulge too much now until its done and given to my boyfriend.

i shall leave you with a photo of my notice board. will be back soon with the finished product after valentine's day!

Photobucket

wishing all of you readers a blessed chinese new year and a happy valentine's day! (: have an enjoyable season of festivities and blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a wonderful time at the SPCA. I love taking in animals too, all my cats including Bun Bun (my latest kitty) have been strays. Looking forward to your noticeboard reveal

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great! (: so nice to know that the strays are receiving love from you and are in a good home! my mum doesn't allow us to keep pets anymore after my rabbit passed on last yr. kittens ard my estate's increasing though, been seeing new ones ard, all so precious (:

    ReplyDelete