Tuesday, January 4, 2011

back with an LO and a Card!

last week was a mad rush at work, trying to meet deadlines and all, the down-side. but the up-side was i spent 2 nights scrapping. scrapping itself is really more than just a hobby. its also therapeutic for me in some sense, it really takes me away from the hustle and bustle. (: was reading up on scrapbook therapy and chanced upon a site where this lady actually did a thesis on scrapbooking as a counselling tool. but you've got to pay for that thesis though. well, i don't know how scrapbooking actually impacted others but for me, it really draws out personality that i have not discovered before. i will blog about that when i get my head right where i want it- the reflective mode. but for now, let's just say, scrapping has become part of me, an identity of some sort (:

okay for the pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

i'm really happy with this LO because i got to use some really old materials that i've been storing for a long time and had no idea how to put it to use initially!

scrapped a card, something fast and easy to make:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

whilst working on this card, i realised i havent got the sponge pieces to apply distress ink on my paper and brainwave! i took out pieces of cotton swabs? those used for facials and for applying toner on our faces, as applicators for the distress ink (old paper). surprisingly, i realise i prefer using these cotton wool thingys rather than the sponge as it gave me more flexibility and the outcome was more natural, the way i wanted the paper to look. i actually experimented the blending of two distress ink colours using the cotton, and i love it! (sorry i haven't snapped a photo of my experiment. ;p) gonna go get some cotton balls to experiment with the next time.

back to work now! gonna participate in 2 challenges, have never participated in any before so its really exciting! believe such participation will help me expand my scrapping experiences, that's for sure. (:

1 comment:

  1. a beautiful, sweet card... I love birdcages :)

    In return to your query about Miss Annie's shipping prices, she charged me two-three USD I think.... can't remember :) But if you want to hang on a while, Me and Jo (nostudentsplease.blogspot.com) plan to spree together one day... Only I don't know how long away :) hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete