Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Selfish Gene Cafe.

I found another café that just hits the spot. I dig cafes with large space area, comfortable and clean seating and basically a relaxing atmosphere for catching up with loved ones or just reading over coffee. Selfish Gene Café fits the bill, tucked away on Craig Road.
 
I love it the moment I opened its doors. The smell of lingering coffee, the not too loud chatter of customers, the clinging of utensils and the sight of relaxed individuals flipping through magazines on a lazy public holiday. Best part was there was no queue. I easily found a table. There was enough seats to accommodate everyone.
 
My other half and I ordered coffee and their famous banana cake. Plain water was available on a table nearby where we could help ourselves to. There were some magazines to entertain.

 photo 7_zps01f1b1ea.jpg
 
 photo 4_zpsf4128765.jpg
 
 photo 2_zpsf7296ba0.jpg
 
 photo 1_zps19f5f031.jpg
 
 photo 3_zpsd38d2d9b.jpg

We ordered coffee and the famous banana cake. The cake is a must have. On the first bite, I was sold. So warm, so moist. It was so good. Coffees were great as well. Nothing to complain about.

 photo 6_zps6d1865ee.jpg

 photo 5_zpse8c9b919.jpg

Overall, the experience was pleasant and I would definitely want to come back again for more and of course to give their breakfast sets a go.


40 Craig road
Singapore 089678
p: +65 6423 1324

http://www.selfishgenecafe.com/
hours: 10am to 6pm. closed on Tue
last order: 5.45pm
seating: walk-in only, no reservations
 

1 comment: