Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hatter Street | Hougang

There was much hype about Hatter Street especially of their Waffle with Pandan Ice Cream & Gula Melaka sauce. 

Hatter Street is a small, whimsical cafe in the heartlands- Hougang/Kovan. It is situated a few doors away from the famous thai place- Nakhon Thai. The cafe's deco takes inspiration from one of my favourite tales Alice in Wonderland. 




My trip there was specially made to try the famous waffles that was seen on many instagram pages. I am a creature of habit and my usual flavours would probably revolve ard strawberry, vanilla, salted caramel. Choosing pandan x gula melaka sauce over vanilla x salted caramel sauce was definitely a first. I was hesitant but I just had to find out what the hype was about. My decision was not a wasted one. The pandan ice cream went very well with the gula melaka. The waffle was cripsy though I wish it would be tad bit fluffy but overall, there was just that right blend of flavour that I wanted more. I felt warm and contented with each bite. Latte was alright, slightly on the acidic side. 




This is a nice spot to spend a lazy noon I would say. They hold private events and parties as well so check their fb page before you head down. 

Look out for a craft post coming up over the weekend! Its one day to TGIF! 


Hatter Street – Bakehouse & Cafe

Address (Google Map): 212 Hougang Street 21, #01-333, Singapore 530212

Opening hours: 1:00pm – 10:00pm, closed on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment