Friday, August 22, 2014

The Provision Shop | Everton Park

A week plus ago, I met with my friend for brunch. Since neither of us has gone by Everton Park before we decided to explore a little. Boy, was I in for a surprise! In my imaginary Everton Park, it was literally say a park maybe with cafes littered about. When we arrived, it was actually a housing estate! Took awhile for us to locate The Provision Shop, a short walk if we knew the exact location but was good because the walk showed us other hidden gems.

Upon arrival, I was delighted by the cute old school children's chairs outside the cafe. Inside, the whole make-up was nice and comfortable, with elements of old school vintage, it was a weekday hence the peace within. We ordered our portions of eggs benedict with ham for the bestie and smoked salmon for myself. It was beyond affordable at $10/plate. Portion was decent and I love how they used this semi-sweet toast for the base of my benedict instead of the usual muffin. The sweetness of the bread and saltiness of the salmon was a good balance. We each had a cup of osthmantus (is that how its spelt?) tea that was refreshing. Its more delectable for fans of chinese tea of course! 






Store owners were friendly. We stayed there for quite awhile to catchup but didn't felt like we sat for too long. 

I would definitely make a revisit to try the other dishes on the menu! But I would say go on a weekday if you could, its always a different experience for me.

The Provision Shop
Block 3 Everton Park #01-79
Tel: +65 6225 9931
Mon to Sat: 11.30am – 9pm
Sun: 9am – 6pm
Nearest Station: Outram

No comments:

Post a Comment